Sunday, August 5, 2012

Happy #1 Abi!!

Tomorrow marks Abi's first birthday! Without getting too nostalgic I would like to say I love this little girl! More and more everyday. She is my little buddy and I love hearing her little voice and tiny feet accompany me during every part of my day.

Our 1 year old Abi is:

1. Content
2. Wiggly
3. Flirty- knows how to get people's attention, and usually gets a smile:)
4.Curious
5. Tentative, and playful
6.Sweet
7. Good. Oh so good. She is so good. Doesn't get into (very much) trouble (yet)
8. Patient. Sometimes when I am running errands I am in total awe at her patient nature of being taken along for the ride
9. Goofy
10. Talkative

Our 1 year old Abi LOVeS:

1. Mama and Papa
2. Bear
3. Blueberries (they get their own categorie, that's how much she loves them, one night I think she ate 100 frozen blueberries)
4. Books
5.Food
6. Being in water
7. Looking at pictures ( Especially of herself, and we also have a picture of her Bear that she goes nuts about, we have to hide it)
8. Sucking her thumb. (This actually should probably be before Mama and Papa)
9. Being outside
10. Playing with friends
11. Sticking everything in her mouth (from pre-chewed gum, to cigarette butts, to dirt and grass--- this girl has put everything in her mouth--- will this ever end?? )

1 year old Abi does NOT love:

1. Sitting still in church
2. Loud Airplanes (freaks out everytime she's outside and she sees/hears one flying by)
3.Cow's milk
4. Live Characters (i.e. Sesame Street Characters at Sea World)

We have just loved watching her grow and learn. Babies are so amazing. They are so brave, and have traveled so far to be with us, and they face each obstacle with positivity and courage. I have loved watching Abi try to walk, and I love being there to catch her when she falls and encourage her to try again.

1 year Abi physically:
1. Has 10 teeth
2. Can crawl like crazy
3. Can go up and down stairs like nobody's business
4. Can walk a couple steps at a time.
5. Is starting to only take one nap! (too soon!)
6. Is still 95th percentile for height
7. Her eyes still kind of change color a bit- they are  a steely gray-blue-green color. I've gotten comments from people saying what beautiful brown eyes she has, and also green eyes, and blue eyes. They are a mystery color. Hazel, I guess?
8. Can say a few words: Mama, Book, bye, hi, Amen, Jesus, more, this, that, She has started to talk super cray jibberish lately.
9. Is a cutie!

So call me crazy but yesterday I said, "1 year down, only 17 to go" as a joke to Jeff, and then I started to cry at the thought of her growing up and leaving one day! :)

Didn't want my help down from the highchair


This is our happy Abi-girl!

Favorite Book


Happy Birthday Abi! We are so grateful to know you.

6 comments:

Ady said...

Happy birthday abi! You are a beautiful, sweet little miss! What a wonderful year it's been!! I can't believe all her words!

natalie said...

You forgot that she loves her aunt Natalie, and does not live cats!

parkergirl said...

She is SO gorgeous. Just love it when Abi comes over. Congratulations on surviving the 1st year of Parenthood. Happy Birthday Abi!

Jenny Bay said...

Happy Birthday, Abi!!!

Amy and Jevan said...

Happy Birthday Abi!! She's sure a cutie! Can't believe she's already 1!

The Francis Family said...

She is so cute Nichole! I can definitely relate to your crying comment--they grow up way too fast. I miss you!