Saturday, August 23, 2008

Swim-Bike-Run-Share

So back in May our friends Sally and Tyron told us about this triathlon called the Share A Smile Triathlon, and it's a great fundraiser that focuses on helping those in our community who are less fortunate, and they put on a Triathlon every year as a big way to raise alot of their money. I was really excited, and I remember trying to get Jeff excited, and I remember him distinctly saying, "There's no way I am running a triathlon." So I signed up, trained for about a month, and then got really scared and chickened out. So, Jeff not wanting to waste the money, very kindly told me not to worry about it and that he'd run it. What a nice guy! It turns out, my friend Sally basically did the same thing I did, and decided she didn't want to do the whole thing, and so we last minute decided to do a relay, with me on the swim leg, Sally on the running leg, and one of her family members on the bike.

We competed this Saturday, and it was really a ton of fun. Jeff did a GREAT job of training and preparing, and I did a last minute job of preparing for the swim part. But, as usual, looking back i wish that I had done the whole thing. There's always next year, right? It was a 1/4 mile swim, 12 mile bike, and 5k run. And after I was done with the swim I was pretty pumped and felt like I could have done more.

They haven't posted our exact times, but Jeff did his in about 1 hour and 20 minutes, and our relay was 1 hour and 30 minutes.

Anyways, Jeff had a really good time, and thinks he might even do another one!

But if anyone needs a really laid back, fairly easy course for a triathlon that supports a really good cause, the Share a Smile is the right triathlon for you!
Pre race picture
Right before the run

I'm not that good with the camera, but these two are proof Jeff did the whole thing...

and was feeling good enough at the end of 1.5 hours of strenuous exercise to give me a smile and thumbs up!

These are our friends Sally and Tyron, the ones who got us interested in the triathlon. It was alot of fun.

2 comments:

Lisa and Alan said...

Good job guys, you're awesome. It was fun talking to you the other day.

Aaron and Steph said...

Hey guys! I happened upon your blog through Jules and Clint's and I wanted to say hi!! Nice work on the triathlon.. dang.