I'm sharing this little post not to complain, but just because I know that everyone can relate to something fairly simple becoming SO complex and time consuming. So enjoy this tidbit from our day:
So I have been looking and looking for jobs. Someone suggested to look at the Health Science Center here in San Antonio. So I did, and they have quite a few jobs that seemed worthwhile in applying to. So I start to apply and realize that I am required to have TX license to even apply.
So, I thought okay, kind of inconvenient but a fairly simple procedure, right?
WRONG!!!
We look up the DOT, and get the documents we need ready, look up the address, and go. Three hours later, we STILL are nowhere close to getting our TX licenses!
This is what happened:
When we get to the license place (after getting lost), we are informed we need to have our car Registered BEFORE we can get licenses.
So we go to get our Texas registration. And they inform us that we have to have an inspection.
So we drive down the road, and stop at the first auto place we see. We pull into the garage to get it done, and the inspector says that our brake light is out, and that we have to have that fixed before we can pass the inspection.
So we find an Autozone, and replace our brake light (in the rain).
As drive back to find the auto place again, our gas light comes on. So we have to first find a gas station and then fill up. (For some reason the pump won't take our plastic, so we go in and pay).
We go back to and get the inspection, and by then Jeff has just enough time to drop me off before he goes to class.
Lovely... guess I'll apply to those jobs another day... after getting our car register and then getting a license.
p.s. We are really loving it here in Texas. Just waiting for our film to be developed and then we'll share some fun pics.
1 comment:
Haha. I can't stand going to the DMV! Everything is so complicated and time consuming. I've been there a few times already since we've moved and I still don't have my new license. I am excited to see your pictures. I hope you have some of your house! Glad all is well and good luck with the job hunt.
Post a Comment