Thursday, December 23, 2010

Christmas Letter


Hello everyone,
Christmas is the most wonderful time of the year. With kids jingle belling and everyone telling you “Be of good cheer!” I’d have to say it’s the hap-happiest season of all. I think what makes it such a happy time is the reminder to all of us that there is one gift that God has given to all of us: The gift of redeeming love, even the atoning sacrifice of his son, Jesus Christ. Nichole and I are so grateful for the mercy and grace God has shown us this last year. We truly have so many blessings to be thankful for.
The last time we sent out a Christmas letter we were in Provo wondering where we might be next year. We ended up in San Antonio, Texas where I have been studying Counseling Psychology. I have learned a lot and really enjoy doing therapy. I stay pretty busy, between school and working part time helping people diagnosed with Schizophrenia. I will be graduating with my masters in December of next year.
Nichole has been working as a teacher’s assistant at a school for kids with autism. She recently got promoted to behavior technician. Although the work is challenging, she loves seeing the kids every day. She also stays busy teaching piano and helping our friend Mikey who has cerebral palsy.
We have made so many great friends here and have had some wonderful experiences this last year. These are just a few of our favorite things:
Taking our dog camping, Staying up late watching Psych, Planting a garden, Game nights with popcorn and orange Julius, Nichole visiting her twin sister in Las Vegas, Sharing the gospel with my classmates, Playing the piano, The Blair family reunion in Arkansas, Teaching a little girl how to tie her shoes, Reading my scriptures while waiting for the bus, Picking peaches, Substituting in the Primary or Nursery, Going to the beach with Nichole’s family, Singing in the Messiah, Seeing Brian Regan live, Playing basketball on Thursday nights, Reading the Hunger Games instead of doing homework, Having great conversations about life, politics, and philosophy.
We hope you all have had a great year as well and that 2011 finds you happy and healthy. Merry Christmas!
Love,The Blairs

3 comments:

Kassie said...

What a beautiful letter. We miss you guys. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas!

Julie said...

Merry Christmas! Wish we got to see you guys this year.

Jenny Bay said...

What a wonderful letter! We are so glad we have gotten to know you guys :)