I came across the quote today and it touched me. I wanted to share it."The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassions, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen."
--- Elisabeth Kubler-Ross
I love this quote, and here are my thoughts on it... just in case you want to know them. I have come to learn that defeat, suffering and loss comes in many shades and are known by many names, and that all people are dealt these things although it may not be apparent to an outside viewer. However, I hope it is okay to say that not all people are the beautiful people that this quote describes. The key is finding your way. Whatever that means to you.
The only thing I want to perhaps add to this beautiful expression, is that you can find your way, and come to the beauty, peace and understanding of life Elisabeth discusses, even when their seems no way or even if there truly is no way out of the depths.
And now for the Christmas Miracle................
My Christmas Cactus that was a shoot taken from my Grandma's plant (who has been gone for 12 years now), which I nearly killed on our move to TX and have been trying to revive for the past 18 months....
.....is Blooming(I have never gotten it to bloom before)!!! It is a Christmas Miracle to me. The most beautiful thing it the world just may be the blooms from a Christmas Cactus. And it brings hope to my heart and a smile to my face every day as I anxiously check it's progress. Mind you, there are only buds right now, but I fully intend to capture it's beauty with our standard digital camera and novice skills when it is in full bloom, and post a picture. But for now... the stock photo at the top will have to do.
4 comments:
What a special Chistmas miracle! I know how meaningful it is to have a plant like that so I really am just so happy it has bloomed this year for you!!
That's awesome your cactus is blooming! I don't think I would have kept it up for 18 months. You are very patient :)
Hey Nichole, I just found your blog from a link on another ward member's blog. That is so neat, and I am impressed with your patience with the cactus! Talk to you soon :)
Thanks for your thoughts Nichole.
Post a Comment