Saturday, October 22, 2011

You know you live in San Antonio when...




.... You are talking on your phone and a plane flys by and the person you are talking to can hear it

.... You are going to sleep at night, and the windows of your house are rattling... is it an earthquake? Nope.. just an airforce plane/jet

... You are sitting at home in the middle of the day and you wonder, "Do I live on an airport runway?

--- You can go on a walk and invariably see a plane, jet or helicopter, at pretty much anytime of the night or day


... You are driving into your neighborhood late  at night and see a HUGE, BRIGHT, slow moving light in the sky. You are sure it is a UFO because of how slow and low it is flying in the sky, but then you recognize the shape of the Air Force Jet, because they fly over your neighborhood several times a day, everyday.



We live fairly close to the Lackland Air Force Base, and it lends to some unique experiences. Not bad experiences, just unique (and LOUD). It happens so often, that I have gotten totally used to it, but today a plane flew over and I realized that one day when we live somewhere else it won't happen. 

1 comment:

parkergirl said...

I loved this post. I had the exact same post 4 years ago!!! Its all true too. Now, you'll know why a lot of the babies here, their first word is "Airrrrrplaaaaaaaaaaane!"