Before and right after my marathon Jeff and I spent a wonderful weekend with his family.Then Jeff went home to work. Sorry Jeff, someone had to do it. I partied with my awesome twin sister in Utah for a week, and then went down to Arches National Park for a Hart Family Reunion (my mother's side). Non stop fun. I'll let the pictures tell the story, not in any order:
I got to see lots of friends. It was fun to see Sally, and her cute baby Auralia.I rode a motorcycle/dirtbike thing with Jeff, and got bit by a dog while riding. Not even kidding. It was scary and painful.
Abi was super cute. However, she did NOT actually sleep well. And she got a cold/2 teeth while on our trip.
Abi got chocolate chip cookies for the first time! That is what Grandparents are for! As you can see, she loved it! Big surprise there.
The Blair Family! Thank you SOOO much Kari, for always letting everyone stay with you. You are the best!
Abi, going to town on grapes! she probably could eat the whole bowl, if we'd let her.
Ummm... a makeshift high chair. we tied her to a smallish chair with a scarf. This was at my Aunt Linda's. Where I also stayed. Thank you Linda!
Abi fell in LOVE with this giraffe on the trip. She still sleeps with it, and giggles when she sees it.
Abi lots of cousin time in and did great.
got to see another friend from High School
And my mentor/good friend from my adolescent years, and her kids that I babsat when they were small. Crazy how big they are now.
Got my first pedicure!! It won't be my last. Abi did awesome, and just sat patiently on my lap the whole time.
Loved sister time! It was really great to see her and do fun things with her.
Saw the Indian Petroglyphs near Arches National Park
Abi did ok on the plane. Not terrific, not terrible. Just ok. I think she got sick of Fuzzy, Yellow Ducklings. I know I did. :)
Saw the Dinosaur Footprints near Arches National Park
Went on a couple hikes in Arches National Park in the BLAZING sun. A lady came up to me as we were leaving the park and offered me her hat for Abi. I know I'm a bad Mom. I couldn't find the hat I packed for her. But let's be honest, she wouldn't have kept it on anyways. I did put sunscreen on her, and she didn't burn. She did get very tan, but she didn't.burn.
Abi's sleep schedule become very,what shall we say, flexible on this trip.
It was a great trip, and good to be home.
No comments:
Post a Comment