Sunday, February 24, 2013

In the middle

Here we are in the middle of a huge project.  At this point we have no furniture in our downstairs, and no light fixtures up. But the painting is almost done. We just have the doors and trim around doors and windows left. We decided to get new baseboards and use our old baseboards to frame the windows. So the new baseboards are painted and ready to go. We started removing our old baseboards, and on Tuesday Jeff's parents will arrive to help us take up our old floors and put in laminate flooring. Pictured on the bottom. We went with Revere Pewter for the walls. I think it turned out nicely. A subtle difference but I think the whole look will turn out nice. It's been nice not having to cover the floors. That would be a disaster I think, we are so messy.



Abi is our good little sport. We did alot of work for 3 days at night after Abi went to bed. But really it all came together on Saturday, when a good friend took Abi from 9-6. And then we kept working after Abi went to bed at 7:30 and didn't stop from sheer exhaustion until 11:00










The color of the floor is russet olive, and I am really excited about it. It is really good quality stuff, and I like how wide the boards are.

2 comments:

Amy and Jevan said...

Sounds like you guys sure are busy! Your house will look great! I can't wait to see the finished product! Also, Abi is so cute! I can't believe what a grown up girl she is! Way to go on potty training her!

Jenny Bay said...

Can't wait to see it!!!