I don't know what different about this year, but for the first time in many years that down in the dumps feeling never got hold of me. I'm not sure if it was the cause of the effect, but I was overcome with gratitude each and every day. I was/am so humbled as I realize how much I have blessed and how much my Heavenly Father knows and loves me.
We do "thankful leaves" every year, and this year was so wonderful. Abi was able to tell me of her own ideas that she was thankful, (lots of food items, but there were some days that she really surprised me) and I wrote one thing for Emily, which may seem silly, but I tried really hard to think of the things that really make up her life, and her list is probably my favorite one, it is so simple and yet the richest and most profound.
Here are our lists, we tried to do one each day:
Nichole:
Kindness, fruits/veggies, Family, BYU, Icy Hot muscle rub (I sprained my neck, and it was miserable for a couple of weeks), the colors of the rainbow, days off for Jeff, Jeff's job, Our car ( I put this twice), Jesus' Example, A poop cleaning, middle of the night waking husband (there is a story about this one), Running, Nature, My Mom and Dad, Education, Sisters, Hugs from Abi, Seasons, Piano, Family Home Evening, The spirit that helps me feel peace and happiness, Prayer, Abi, A fresh start every dady, My 5 senses, Laminate Flooring, A warm bed, Emily,
Jeff
Indoor Plumbing (he put this one twice), Servcie, Abi, Marshmallow Popcorn, My testimony, cereal, clean water, Jesus Christ, Eternal Marriage, Beautiful Art, Modern Medicine, The Microwave, The Plan of Salvation, Health, Emily, Sports, Happy Dreams, Mo, My Mom and Dad, My beautiful wife, Beautiful Music, Nichole and all her amazingness.
Abi:
Coloring books, Treats, Almond Milk, Brownie Treats (any kind of chocolate), Mosey, Grandma/Grandpa, climbing (she said she was grateful for climbing everyday, and then proceeded to climb on top of something), potties, Juice, Joseph (her uncle), the park, stars and leaves, granola bars, A good story ( she really said that), Jenny (Boster), Mommy, Vitamins, our leaves, Seth (Haskin), kitty cats (we have some neighborhood out door cats, and she LOVES going outside to find them and pet and watch them) cereal, Dinner, Apples, George/Sharon (our wonderful neighbors), Milk, Papi (what she calls Jeff now), people giving candy (I think she meant Halloween), Mom ( I made the list twice!) Summer (her best friend), fish (totally random, I think she saw a picture of a fish on a box) and the last one and best one of all, Um Jesus. She thought about it and said, Um.... Jesus. A proud and funny moment, because she says Um all the time now.
Emily:
White noise (helps her to sleep), diapers, milk, fingers (loves to chew on hers and her Papa's fingers), sleep, Papa holding her, her mouth, carseat, pacifier, rolling, lullabyes, snuggles, warm clothes, hooded sweatshirts (she looks so cute in hoodies), Teeth (she has 4 now), laughing, crib, her feet, blankets, smiling, her eyes, a warm bed.
| Here we are at the Bosters, pre-stuffing ourselves |
Friday, we put up our tree and decorations. I am so glad we don't have too many decorations, it keeps it simple, but any Christmas decorations make it just seem so magical.
| Hehe, I captured Emily puking on Jeff, and his look of chagrin! |
| And here's a picure of Jeff and Abi, with Abi's "I love my Papa" shirt |
No comments:
Post a Comment