I don’t get to spend near as much time with the girls as
Nichole, but when I do it is a lot of fun.
A lot of the time I think about posting stuff that goes on, but it’s
hard to make the time to actually document stuff. So, here are just a few
things that I’ve noticed over the last couple months.
1.
Abi is quite the little negotiator. This is
probably her best move: Whatever she wants, she will argue that she should get
2 because she is 2. Makes sense to me. But, then she will do all kinds of confusing
tricks with numbers. For example tonight, she said she wanted 2 more books
because she’s 2, but when I pointed out that she had three books she was
insisting that we read, she just held up an extra finger and said, no 3 books
because I’m 3. Or, somehow she’ll manage to persuade me to give her like 6 m&ms
by basically explaining that 2+2=4, plus another 2 is 6.
Tonight she used every stall tactic she
could think of. As soon as it became apparent that my intention was to lay her
down, she said she had to go potty (she just went a few minutes before); that
she needed medicine; that she wanted to show me her owie on her foot (which
would have required her to take off her footie pjs); that she wanted mama (she’s
at Stake Conference); that she needed a drink of water; that she needed another
stuffed animal…You could just see the panic in her eyes and the wheels turning
in her head as she groped for any reason to delay having to go to bed.
Ultimately she ended up crying and saying, “I don’t want to listen and be
obedient.” Well, we all have that problem sometimes.
2.
I love Emily to death! She is sooo much fun. She
just cracks me up every time I see her. She has the best facial expressions and
is so fun to hold. She says “Ba ba ba” a lot and will sometimes try to eat my
face. My favorite thing to do when I come home is wrestle with her on our bed.
She loves being on our bed and will roll all over it. She knows which foods she
likes and doesn’t like and will sometimes just scream all through dinner
because she wants Nichole to feed her. She’s crazy.
3.
When I ask Abi what she dreamed about last night
she usually says, “Onen and Summer and popcorn”. Onen (Owen) is a boy in our
ward that Abi has a crush on. Summer is one of Ab’s friends.
4.
Emily is tough. Abi will kick her in the head
and it doesn’t even phase her. But, deny her the food she wants or do some
other thing that she is particular about and she will burst into tears.
5.
The other day Abi and I were talking about
Nichole’s brother Michael for some reason and Abi said, “Jamie is Michael’s
friend”. I said, “Jamie is Michael’s wife.” And she said, “she’s a child of God.” Also, we had the missionaries over and I was
asking Abi what she was going to do when she turned 8. With some prompting, she
remembered that she is going to get baptized. Then without any prompting and I
don’t think we ever taught her this, she said, “And I’m going to get married in
the temple.” She will sing “I am a child of God” to herself a lot. Different
tune, and she just says that over and over.
6.
Emily will sometimes poop like 4 times a day. I
don’t know if that’s normal or not. It’s crazy because she wears size 5 diapers,
which is like the same as some 3 yr olds. Still, her little crack is like right
there if she is sitting up, so if she poops, a lot of times it just comes right
out the back. I know, TMI.
7.
Today I watched Abi and her friend Summer for a
couple hours. We had a tea party and I declared myself King Jeffrey. She kept
calling me that the rest of the day. It was pretty funny.
8.
After Nichole and I come back from a date, Emily
is usually pretty anxious to see Nichole. She will have been fussy, and then
once she sees Nichole, just burst into tears until she takes her. She is
definitely a mama’s girl.
9.
Abi often prefers to
wear multiple pairs of underwear. The other day she decided to wear 4 pairs.
Why not?
10.
Emily has started
waving. She will hold her hand up whenever she sees us. A lot of times there is
food stuck to it.
Alright, here’s some pictures:
These next four pictures are actually four separate pictures taken at 5-10 second intervals. She was in the zone.
1 comment:
I enjoyed that very much!
Post a Comment