Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Out of my brain-- onto the blog

These days things don't last very long in my brain. I don't know how many times my answer to a question is, "I can't remember." It said with a very sad, tired voice because of how often I have to say that.

Sooo.... while I am remembering:

Emily

LOVES her baths. Abi loved bath time, but didn't love the water on her face. She would tolerate it, but Emily will tilt her head towards the water and smile while the water runs down her face. She loves to sit and splash and grab at toys. Abi would tire quickly of being the water as a baby, but Emily cries when bath time is over.

LOVES music, and LOVES dancing. If there is a beat, or a tune anywhere in the room, she will be bobbing her little body to the beat. She loves me to sing to her, and sometimes it is the only thing that will calm her down.

Is transitioning to food, and what do you know, she is a great eater! She caught on so fast, and loves most food. Don't try to feed her when she's tired though!

she is starting to go from sitting up to being on her hands and knees. It is always amazing to me how quickly they teach themselves to crawl. They are so curious and self motivated.

Totally loves her parents. Isn't very fond of strangers, which is endearing to me. I love how she always turns to see who is holding her and will  always bury her face in my shoulder.

Babbles. mostly ahh, and baa baa, with the occasional ma-mah (that sounds so close to a cry). Doesn't screech or spit much anymore.

Can put her pacifier in her mouth by herself, and if she doesn't want it she will spit it out.

Abigail

Loves playing pretend with her stuffed animals, babies, and little minnie mouse figurines.

Loves having tea parties

Loves playing hide and seek.

Loves the "minnie mouse store" (Disney Store)

Loves Tinkerbell. Every princess is Tinkerbell.

Is a climber. At Raymond Rimkus Park she climbs the tallest ladder to the tallest slide, over and over again.

Has learned the art of stalling with words. If I say anything, (Clean up your toys, go back to bed) she will say "Otay, otay, otay," all the while not moving the direction that I asked her to go. This buys her more time than if she were say "No", which is what she really means.

In the last week, has cut her own hair, rubbed vasoline all over our rug, and gotten herself trapped in the little room that has the air conditioner/heater in it.

Yesterday she got to a cookie with her Papa, and she scarfed hers, and he still hadn't started. She goes to eat his, and we stop her. She asks him for one bite, and he agrees, and then she started taking as many bites as possible before he takes it away. It was so funny.

One day last week, she started calling me Nichole. We were at a restaurant waiting for our food (and were very hungry). She kept putting her arm around her neck, and her other hand on my cheek and looking at me very close and saying, "Nick-tole, may I have some food please." She loved watching us laugh at her antics.

When we ask her to pray: I'm so sleepy, I can't. I'm sick, so I can't.

When we tell her the answer she doesn't want to hear (either no, or yes, depending on the circumstance) she'll stamp her feet and say "I said YES!", (the opposite of whatever we said)

Likes to have things down low, with the lid open (for her easy and unlimited access, of course)

Right now is OBSESSED with frosty the snowman, and rudolph the red nosed reindeer. Her favorite part of Christmas were the lights and inflatable decorations.

Is a little crazy with her socks and underwear. She pulls them out of the drawer and stashes them in odd places, or will carry them around the house with her. Always wears mismatched socks, and prefers two pair of underwear on at once.

Our favorite Abigail speech
f for p (flay for play, fillow for pillow, etc)
y sound for l sound (I want to sit on your "yap", turn on the "yight")
show station: movie theatre

Her favorite colors are purple and pink and yellow.

Everytime we see a flag, "Look, an American Flag, because we live in Texas."

She really know what's going on with our move. Every day she talks about Papa driving the "yong, yong way to Washington", Grandma and Grandpa's house, and how Mosey and Gracie (our dog, and their dog) will be good good friends.

One day she came downstairs and there were boxes all over, and she said, "Oh Mama, I love your boxes. They are so fritty (pretty)."

There is so much, but you can't capture it all, I suppose.

No comments: