Monday, April 21, 2014

We're Alive! (And in Washington)

Whew! So much has happened, and so much time has passed that I can't possibly record all of the things I want to record.
Leaving San Antonio was one of the hardest goodbyes I've ever had to do. It was such a wonderful time for our family, but I think especially for me. I I had so many wonderful women that were my examples and friends and I relied on them so much as I became a mother and it was so hard to say goodbye.
People were so kind to us as we left and I never want to forget all the wonderful service and generosity shown to us by so many people. Meals by amazing home teachers, and friends, and all of the people who came to help us move and clean and watch kids, and a surprise going away party, everything was so wonderful, and yet so bittersweet at the same time.

The move in and of itself was quite uneventful (we packed up the truck in an hour and then three days later the girls and I flew on a direct flight to WA), but the months of packing and cleaning and waiting, and getting things in order prior to the move, combined with a long drive and visit to my sister immediately after the move and a nasty cold resulted in an exhaustion that took a couple weeks to kick.

We are so happy to be here in Washington and even though we don't really feel like we are quite our own entity here in Washington yet, we feel so strongly that this is where we need to be for our family and for our future. We are so grateful for a job, and a car, and the most amazing weather. I have totally fallen in love with the beautiful orchards and spring weather and rolling hills. 

With all of the changes, our children's  sleeping schedules have been entirely dismantled, and you know what? It's just not worth it to even care about it right now, because we're not really done moving and adjusting and changing things all around.

We are so grateful to Jeff's parents for their kindness and generosity. We hope they aren't regretting their offer, but we have loved having our girls getting to know them better. Abi and Emily love them so much. I think that even Abi doesn't talk about Texas ever (which is kind of sad for me) she misses her friends. She hasn't really played with any kids except for her cousins (which we are so grateful and happy for that and she loves them), and I think that has been hard on her because we had so many play dates in Texas. But change is a part of life.

We are starting the process of buying a home! We found one that is a "for sale by owner" and we are starting the process of buying it, I guess. It's going to take a few months, and nothing is signed at all. We are happy about the space (there are 4 bedrooms) but it needs quite a bit of cleaning and painting, and new flooring.... so that will be some work. We are planning on closing in July, if all goes as planned.

Jeff and I have callings. He is Scout Committee Chair, and I am Ward Choir Pianist. Jeff is enjoying playing basketball early in the mornings, and I have enjoyed the long walks to the library and the park. Abi has been enjoying way too much junk food and tv, and Emily has enjoyed learning to CRAWL and pulling herself up on everything!
Here are some Easter Pictures




1 comment:

Jenny Bay said...

Yay, you blogged!! Such cute pictures :) We miss you guys so much! We will have to plan a trip up to Washington once we get settled in Utah :)