So, Monday thru Thursday I catch the 534 at 8:55, then take the 90 at 9:15, and finally hop on the 522 at 9:40, arriving at the counseling clinic where I work around 10:00. I work there till 2:00 then walk over to Campus and work out and study until my classes which start at 5:15. It makes for some long days, but I like staying busy and most of the time someone can give me a ride home after classes. Plus I've had some pretty exciting experiences: like sprinting to catch my bus and not making it, spending lots of time out in the rain, talking to really interesting people and getting bit by a dog! It took me a while to get used to how the whole system works, but I've got it down now and enjoy having that time to read and reflect.
Saturday, January 30, 2010
Riding the Bus
So, Monday thru Thursday I catch the 534 at 8:55, then take the 90 at 9:15, and finally hop on the 522 at 9:40, arriving at the counseling clinic where I work around 10:00. I work there till 2:00 then walk over to Campus and work out and study until my classes which start at 5:15. It makes for some long days, but I like staying busy and most of the time someone can give me a ride home after classes. Plus I've had some pretty exciting experiences: like sprinting to catch my bus and not making it, spending lots of time out in the rain, talking to really interesting people and getting bit by a dog! It took me a while to get used to how the whole system works, but I've got it down now and enjoy having that time to read and reflect.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm so sorry you both lost your jobs! I'm glad you seem upbeat despite the chain of unfortunate events. I can't believe you got bit by a dog! Hopefully you know where to stay away from him now.
What bit by a dog...did you get rabies? You'll have to share that story.
Post a Comment