I had to get a picture with Abi today, because I actually got a shower! :) And she was so cute and good today, I want to remember this day.
She is getting so big. She loves to be sitting up, and can support her head so well. She is a very easy baby, because generally whenever she gets tired, wherever she is, she falls asleep, without much fuss. This is a classic picture.
So, being a Mom has been a wonderful and challenging transition. Mostly wonderful. I feel blessed, because I think Abigail is an especially good baby. I may be wrong, she may be just a normal baby, but she is not fussy, and she sleeps 10-11 hours at night.... without waking up, and she sleeps for about 2 hours 3-4 times during the day. But even still, I have had my share of feeling tired and overwhelmed, and then I feel guilty for feeling that way because Abi is the easiest baby on Earth, and I am getting sleep! So, I don't know why, but I still feel like I am not quite in the swing of things, and that life is passing by me so fast, and I am not quite a full participant in it. The biggest challenge I have is my memory loss. It is quite extreme and frustrating, and my attention span and concentration have suffered too, which make me frustrated, and also frustrating to be around (try having a conversation with someone who can't remember anything, and cant concentrate for more than 1.1 minutes at a time).
So today, when I got a shower, went on a walk (in the beautiful weather) kept my house clean, got a nap, AND felt like I spent some good quality time with Abigail, who was smiley and happy and content ALL day long, I had to document it. What a good day today was, and what a wonderful blessing I have to stay home with her and take in the good and bad days.
3 comments:
Abi doesn't sound like a good baby, she sounds like an AMAZING MIRACLE baby! Oh my gosh, I can't believe how much she sleeps and how well tempered she is. I'm sure she has her moments, but you are right, she is a GREAT BABY!
And seriously, the fact that when she is tiered she will go to sleep, with out being in a specific place or something or other is a HUGE blessing!!!!
Yay for good Mommy days! Any day you get a shower truly is a good day. And especially if you can get a shower and still feel like you connected with your baby that day. Those are the best days! Congrats, it really sounds like you are doing a terrific job!
Abi sounds like an amazing baby! That's so nice to have such a great sleeper. It's great that you documented a good day. It's easy to get caught up in the bad days (at least for me!).
Abi does sound amazing but you are not alone in feeling frustrated, even with an "easy" baby. I had one as well and you describe the feeling of inadequacy I had too perfectly. Babies are overwhelming no matter what. As for the memory loss I did the same thing for probably about 6 months after Jayden was born. It was worse than the pregnancy forgetfulness. Hang in there. You're doing a great job. She's beautiful.
Post a Comment