Here she is with her Grandpa Clark.
Today is my parent's last day here. I am dreading them going. They have been so helpful, and generous, and so sweet with Abigail. My mom has helped me get her room all together and has been sewing and sewing these past 2 days. She also has taken her at night so I have been able to get rest in 4 hour chunks. It has been awesome. My dad has fixed tons of things around the house, and mown the lawn and has kept really busy doing nice things for us.
Abigail is a sweet, sleepy baby, which is probably how all newborns are, but we think she is pretty special and unique. :)We learned pretty quick that we needed to try to keep her awake at least for part of the day so she would sleep better at night. She is very slow to cry. She loves her baths, and sucking on her hands. She is also very strong. She can hold up her head pretty well, and when she is on her tummy she can raise it up, and turn it from side to side. She doesn't cry when she is on her tummy, and doesn't need to be swaddled all the time, in fact she likes her hands to be free. She can roll from her back to either side, and she could roll over if she could figure out how to tuck her little arm under. I love her little smile that she gives when she is sleeping, and her myriad of facial expressions. My mom and I think her eyes are going to stay blue, because already they are getting lighter. We'll see, though.
3 comments:
What a beautiful baby girl!! Congratulations! I'm so happy she is here. She looks so much like you. You look great.
She is so beautiful--like her mother! I'm glad your parents were there to help--You really do look fantastic!
Wow Nichole, you look so good! That is so great that your parents, especially both of them could come to help. What a blessing! And its true, all newborns are sweet, but I PROMISE, not all newborns, or even small babies are sleepy, or sleep at all. (Kenzlie was diagnosed with insomnia and colic, she didn't sleep a wink) So that is such a blessing she is a sleepy newborn!
That is so great she can roll in some directions! She certainly is ahead of her game! And I think that especially cool she got to wear one of your baby outfits, how special!!!!
Post a Comment