Thursday, July 11, 2013

Lists of Ten

Ten Things we love about one week old Emily:

1. Her chubby cheeks
2. Her sweet squeals, and soft cry
3. Her mid-sleep smiles
4. Her tolerance of Abi's rough love
5. Her solid little body, she is alot more solid than Abi was, and is already past her birth weight. Hooray for one less Dr. appt!
6. Her calm personality
7. Her light brown hair that gets so curly after a bath
8. Her sleepy wake up face
9. Her long toes
10. How she fits right in and makes our family feel more complete

* one memorable thing/ not so favorite thing about newborn Emily: Her favorite time to poop is mid diaper change. Has surprised me quite a few times. What a mess!


Ten Things about Abigail since Emily was born:
1. Loves her baby sister. Loves to lay by her, on her, tickle her, pat her, squeal in her face, bounce her in the bouncy chair. She loves it when Emily's eyes are open, and is always trying to wake her up. She will run up to her and say "Kiss the baby." and will give such sweet kisses to her. She loves to hold her and sit right next me while I'm feeding her.
2. Counts to 10. All day long. Skips the number 1 and the number 6, but counts everything. Bites of food, stairs, crayons, toys, etc.
3. Has stopped going to sleep easily. Breaks my heart. I hope this phase passes soon. Also wakes up every night at least twice. For a few nights she would wake up in the middle of the night asking us to read her a Garfield book.
4. Taken an interest in songs. Wants "another song", and wants us to sing them again and again. Her current favorites are "I'm a little teapot", and "Once There Was a Snowman"
5. Will thankfully play with playdough and color with markers and crayons for hours at a time.
6. Always comes and finds me when I am nursing and sits by me, and keeps me company
7. Still rocking the potty training. No huge regression.... (as I expected with the new baby being born)..... yet.
8.Has grown up so much. Doesn't ask for me to hold her as much, and will walk down the stairs by herself.
9. Started screaming... (happy screams). Oh my.
10. Has proven to be such wonderful big sister.





10 Things we are Grateful for:
1. My parents coming and saving our lives. This recovery has been harder than the first, and adjusting to baby has been different than with Abi, and has involved much less sleep! My mom has taken over meal prep and has helped me with everything I need, and has been so patient with my sleep deprived state. My dad has put together a shelf, and been so great with Abi, and they have both been so generous and kind. We went to the Bridge Natural Cavern Safari with them. It was SO fun. We saw giraffes, and rhinos, and zebras, and lots of other animals I can't remember the names of. There was also a petting zoo which was fun. Abi's favorite was by far the Giraffes.




2.Jeff's job allowing him time off. He got a whole week, the week of Emily's birth and before my parents
arrived, and it was so wonderful. I couldn't have done it without him.
3. Jeff getting extra work on the side. A huge blessing.
4.Sonic Half off Shakes after 8. :) Jeff's favorite right now is Oreo Cheesecake
5. My sister coming in a couple weeks
6.Jeff's family coming in about a month
7. Sleep, in whatever increment it comes in.
8. Ibuprofen
9. Technology which lets us talk/video chat with family.
10. Our healthy and happy little family. We are most grateful for that.






4 comments:

Jenny Bay said...

So fun!! I especially love the last picture. Can't wait to meet Emily!!

Lindsay said...

Love this! What a sweet family. We miss you guys. Let us know when you want to have a skype date!

The Francis Family said...

We love you, Nichole! I can't wait to meet sweet little Emily. I hope you are feeling your best soon--the sleep deprivation only lasts so long but it is so hard. I'm sorry!

Amy and Jevan said...

Such cuties! I'm so happy that Emily's birth went so well! Congrats you guys! I can't wait to meet her!!!