Saturday, July 20, 2013

Some more pics of Emily's Birth-day!

Here are some more pictures of the day Emily was born. What a special day for our family.
 Here I am in the parking garage of the hospital just before 6 am! 2 for our second child! I am tired and excited!



Here I am meeting my sticky Emily for the first time!

look at her strong body! Even the nurse commented on how strong she looked


7 lbs, 6 ounces, 21 inches long


She had a couple low temperatures, and so we had to really bundle her up! Then she had to have extra heel pricks to test her sugar.


One Proud Papa
 One lucky little girl!





After they took her to the nursery she started having trouble breathing, and had to go to transitional nursery for extra care and chest xrays. Nothing was wrong and her breathing improved. I was feeling quite anxious though, so they wheeled me down to see her and try and feed her. She was soooooo sleepy, so nursing was a joke. But at least i got to hold my girl. Look how tired I am! It is always SO hard for me to sleep after I have my babies. I am so excited that I can't relax, but so exhausted that I am no good to world. 




Jeff picked up Abi, and they spent the night at home without me. My first night without my Abi-girl. I really missed her. She looks pretty happy to be back with Papa!

The next day we all got to go home  The hospital teased us around 1 saying everything was done and we could go home, and then left us sitting and waiting for hours. Finally the nurse said the hearing test hadn't been done, so we waited for a couple more hours and then finally got to come home!! We chilled in my hospital room, and Abi and Emily bonded, we watched some Curious George, a tiny little bit of news on the George Zimmerman trial (before I made Jeff turn it off), ate snickers ice cream bars, and drank some odwalla juice.





 Abi was so sweet and curious, and loving





 I hope to always remember the wonderful grateful feeling I felt this day when Emily joined our family. So grateful for the beauty of creating a family, and for Jeff being a wonderful father and husband, and for my two beautiful sweet girls.

No comments: