So... I feel like it was August, and I blinked and now it's November! Our last post was in July, so I'll start with August.
At the beginning of August, my sister Natalie and her husband Dallas, and my parents came for an extended weekend:
It was the hottest weekend of the year! They were troopers!
We went to the alamo and the river walk on one of the last days here.
The day after my family left.... I turned a year older! I've never had so many people bring me cupcakes! It was really nice. Birthdays are so fun, and they just get better every year. I actually went back to work on my birthday this year, but we had celebrated with my family right before, and Jeff took me out to dinner on my birthday,
And then we went to Brian Regan at the Majestic the next night! It was amazing. The Majestic is so beautiful, we kind of felt like we should have been going to a more cultured event, but we had a great time, and laughed alot! Brian Regan is a really funny guy! Almost no repeat jokes. It was a great experience.
Then, these are always wierd pictures to post... but I got my hair cut towards the end of the month. I liked the way it turned out. All of the highlights that I onced had are now officially gone! I have decided to never highlight again, it just is too expensive and too big of a hassle to deal with the roots, etc... anyways
Before:
After
Jeff has had some great oppurtunities to share the gospel with his classmates. He has just enjoyed his program so much and the people have been so kind and friendly. This is one of people that always gives Jeff a ride home at night, and we invited him to church, and he came, the last sunday of August. It was a very nice experience, and will always be a good memory. Sharing the gospel never ceases to strengthen your testimony and feel gratitude for what we sometimes take for granted.
And one of the last noteworthy things that happened in August:
We bought a piano. It has been worth every cent. We play it all the time, and it just adds so much to our lives, and brings a peace to our home whenever one of us is playing. It replaced our TV in our living room, and we love that shift in the focus of our home. I am super grateful for the oppurtunity I have to teach piano which gave us the means and a reason to go through with this purchase.
No comments:
Post a Comment