Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Home

Hooray I'm home!! An answer to prayer, for sure. I had another ultrasound with the dr. this morning, and everything looks exactly the same as yesterday. Soo... he is going to let me wait it out at home, and I'll just go in every day for an ultrasound. He also said, I couldn't return to work for the rest of the week. I'm kind of bummed about that. However, no bed rest, so I am happy about that. So, there is a chance that in the next few days, the situation could be resolved just with the Digoxin. There is also a chance that I could go back to the hospital. We're hoping we don't have to do that. :) We talked to an Electrophysiologist today, and he was able to explain to us why this happened. If you care to know, it happens in the forming of the four chambers of the heart, a little slip of muscle is left that spans one of the valves, and and so electricity can conduct through it, and it creates a circuit that continually sends the electrical signal that makes the heart contract. He said that this almost always corrects itself, (often not before heart failure, without intervention) and so the chance of it being present at birth is low. I am so grateful for all the prayers that have been said, and for all the support and help that we have had. It is greatly appreciated, and I will never forget it.

No comments: