Saturday, April 2, 2011
It's a....
GIRL!!!! We went in on Wednesday to have our regular sonogram, and found out we're having a little girl. We are really excited, and it's kind of neat, because we were kind of thinking that it was a girl already. We also found out that her heartbeat is too fast. We went to a High Risk OB the same day to redo the ultrasound, and they determined the same thing, and it's called supra ventricular tachycardia. The options were to wait, and do nothing and probably her heart would fail, or they could administer large doses of medicine to me, in hopes that it will reach her heart and slow it down. The second option was not without risks, but we didn't feel comfortable doing nothing. So I was admitted to the hospital Wednesday evening and they started me on a medicine called Dejoxin, and we've been waiting ever since. We feel really blessed for lots of reasons. She has no anatomical problems with her heart, and everything else looks right on track. We have a great team of doctors, and are in very good hands. We caught it really early, and she no signs of heart failure, so we have some time. This is often something that goes away after birth. Also, a huge blessing is that I have not experienced any side effects to the drug, which is really awesome. So we'll keep (all 8 of you) posted! :) Her heart rate hasn't dropped at all, yet, so they are starting to increase the dose of medicine to me. I feel like we are getting close, and I am hoping to be home by tomorrow or Monday. Then I'll be able to scan a picture of her sweet profile!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Congrats on a girl! I'm so sorry for this scare. It sounds like you are positive, and I hope you continue to be. Aren't the ultrasounds amazing?? I just loved them. We'll keep you and baby GIRL in our prayers.
Congrats on a girl!!! I am sorry to hear you're in the hospital though! Lots of prayers! {{HUGS}}
That's so exciting you're having a girl! I hope the medicine works and is able to slow her heart down. I'm sorry you have to go through this stress and scare with the baby. I'm glad you haven't felt any side effects. We will definitely include you and your little girl in our prayers. Please keep us updated.
Congrats on a girl! I'm sorry to hear about her heart problems, but hopes the medicine works soon and without any side effects to you. You guys are in our prayers.
I haven't been checking blogger lately, so first congrats on being pregnant, and second congrats on it being a girl!!!!!
We'll keep you guys in our prayers and hopefully the medicine will help with everything and you won't have any complications.
Wow! A girl! how exciting. Prayers going your way that all will be well with the baby's heart.
Post a Comment