Sunday, April 3, 2011
Still here....
I was hoping to go home Sunday, but it looks like I'm going to be here for a couple more days. Here is a quick update of the weekend, and because I'm tired of saying "the baby", I'll just use her name. :) Friday, there was virtually no change in Abi's heart, and my Digoxin levels were not high enough to be "therepeutic" so they increased my dose. Saturday they increased it again, and Saturday night I began to show signs of toxicity (ie. dizziness, nausea and vomiting), and they did an extra blood draw to check my Digoxin levels, and sure enough it was too high. So on Sunday, even with the super high level, there no change in Abi's heart rate, though at this point everything else looked good. They held back a dose of the medicine, to bring the level down, and I got some medicine for the nausea. There were a few discouraging minutes on Sunday, but I was really grateful for conference, and was uplifted by the messages from our Prophet and apostles. This morning, I woke up feeling great, and we had a scan of Abi's heart again, and still no change. However, this morning there was an accumulation of fluid around her stomach and her heart, which is an early sign of heart failure, and so the doctors are deciding on what medicine to use as a second agent, on top of the Digoxin. Our Dr. was a bit discouraged this morning, but I am not. I feel for sure that the way I feel today is a gift, and I know that no matter the outcome our little Abi is ours. So the plan for the next couple of days is unknown and greatly dependant on Abi's heart. Most likely, I will be here, and they will start the new medicine tonight or tomorrow, and then it takes a day or two to get the dose where it needs to be, and then we just wait for a break in her heart rhythm. We are grateful for all the prayers being said on Abi's behalf, and we feel grateful for so many things.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Nichole, you are so strong. We are praying and thinking of you guys throughout our day. Do you need dinner?
And, congrats on the girl!! I love the name Abi.
Glad to see the update. You guys are wonderful and we and our kids have said lots of prayers. Keep us posted. Kari
Your faith is amazing! keep us posted! We are praying for you and little Abi.
Post a Comment