- No Sleep: Why do doctors put people on "bed rest" by placing them in the hospital? You might be in bed, but the hospital is not a good place to get rest. Nichole told me that her first night and day here she probably didn't sleep for longer than 30 minutes at a time. Why do they need to check her weight at 4:00 in the morning? The first time Nichole was here I slept in a fold out bed next to her and it was miserable being woken up all night. At least I got to leave in the morning.
- Crappy food: Today Nichole's food tray had a syringe on it. I am not even joking. I was really excited the first time we were here because I get four "free" dollars to spend in the cafeteria. Never again. I won't tell you what the exact effect of the food on me was but I will say it rhymes with buy a Kia, and I would never buy a Kia. We have been so blessed to have kind, faithful, generous ward members who have brought us dinner.
- No Privacy: Anyone can walk in anytime. Luckily Nichole always looks presentable. Still, I feel bad. Plus, Nichole is sharing a room right now so we have to keep the rock music down. The nice thing is that it is with a really sweet 90 year old lady named Bertha. She's pretty cool, but she makes a lot of wierd noises and she can't hear very well so all the nurses yell whenever they come in to talk to her.
Despite all this, Nichole has had a fantastic attitude. We had a great time tonight playing games and hanging out. Abigail's heart is slowly slowing down. We are so grateful for all of the prayers that have been offered in our behalf. We are confident that the Lord is watching over us. We will keep you all posted on how things go. Hopefully Nichole will be out of here by the weekend!
2 comments:
Oh, I just read that you're back in the hospital. Yes, they come in an bug you at all hours, huh? Sorry. Hopefully you get some rest to grow that sweet baby girl nice and big (well not too big :)
Jeff what a nice post, you're a great husband and you and Nichole are lucky to have each other!!
Nichole, if you are still there next week, can we come visit you??
This is such a beautiful post. I'm glad Nichole is feeling better.
Rock music, eh? You'd think the hospital would pipe soothing music in, given the healing properties of it.
Post a Comment