We're back to being bad bloggers, which means life is getting back to normal!
I got home from the hospital a week ago, when the doctor scanned Abigail and her heart was in the normal range!! Woo-hoo!!! My doctor gave me a hug, he was really happy. I think I was happier though. Let me tell you, leaving the hospital is one the best feelings ever! I can imagine it's similar to what leaving prison feels like.
So the follow-up care looks like this. I have three doctors now. One I see once a week, and one I see once every 2 weeks, and one I see as needed. Next week I have 3 doctor's appointments. Plus weekly blood draws, and 2 large doses of heart medicine administered 3 times a day, which by the way makes me feel quite dizzy and crappy. I remind myself that this is small price to pay, and I know that it is true. When I was feeling grumpy in the hospital I had to remind myself that I was grateful to be there, because that meant that we caught it and our baby was alive, and that it was treatable. I could list the pros of the situation until the end of the day: I did not experience any heart arrythmias, I am not on bedrest, I can continue to work, Abigail has no anatomical problems, I am healthy, we have insurance, I have gotten to see her so many times via ultrasound, etc, etc, etc.
I am overwhelmed with gratitude, and I am so happy to be home for Easter, and have this gratitude in my heart. I am also grateful for the kindness and generosity that has been shown to us, we appreciate it so much.
So next week, I should have some pictures of Abigail to post.
And, especially for Natalie, here is the obligatory side view of my ever growing belly, at 23 weeks:
Don't worry my co-workers assure me everyday I am getting huge! I can't hide it anymore.
5 comments:
I'm so happy to hear that Abigail's heart is in the normal range. And you look so cute :)
Hooray! And you look so cute!
This is great news! I am so glad that things are getting back to normal and I love your baby bump!
Yay! You look so beautiful, Nichole! Congrats!!!!!!!
Baby bump for the win!
Glad to hear you both are doing well! And your coworkers must be ridiculous because you aren't huge at all. In fact, you are the tiniest pregnant woman I have ever seen, especially at 23 weeks. I was easily showing by 16 weeks. And besides, showing is such a happy thing to celebrate! It means that the baby is growing because you are giving her everything that she needs :) Congrats on being pregnant, showing, and being healthy!
Post a Comment